Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Delicious Jealousy

Just in case you were wondering and have been keeping up with my blog, friends of ours had their baby girl today. You know, the friends who I was afraid would steal the name I have picked out for our (future?) baby girl. Thankfully her name is not anything remotely close to what I would (will?) call our daughter.

Her name is Casey in case you care.

So at least I don't have to swallow down my anger over them using the name I love.

I just get to choke down my jealousy that their baby is born on time and healthy.

Bottoms up!

4 comments:

  1. Good Lord, I have like... at LEAST 12 friends on my FB who just gave birth or are about to pop. (Most are from my due date communities from here and there, the others are irl friends.) Its so painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad they didn't use 'your' name Emily. I'd been wondering about that. I suppose it stayed in my mind because I know how terribly hurt I'd be if anyone took 'my' name before I had a chance to bestow it on a child.
    The jealousy is hard and I know that I don't understand the half of it.
    Hoping for that 'would' to change to a 'will' soon enough xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to go on a "hiding rampage" and hide all of my pregnant friends on facebook. I had like 20 of them from my various birth boards. :(

    I hate that pregnancy and babies are no longer happy things for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hid all my preggo friends on FB too. I lasted a good 3 or 4 weeks maybe before I did, but I did.

    ReplyDelete